The Snorkeler layout was one of my favorites and now Amy’s put together step by step instructions for all of you. You are SO lucky!
Snorkeler by Amy Heller
Additional items needed to complete this project:
- Jumbo Flower punch (EK Success)
- Lg Flower Punch (EK Success)
- Small Flower Punch (Martha Stewart)
-1/2″ corner rounder (Fiskars)
1) Use the green patterned paper as your base page.
2) Trim out the blue polka dot sheet and the numbers patterned paper as a background for your photo. Adhere.
3) Trim off the die cut scallop from the SL patterned paper. Adhere orange striped ribbon and the scalloped edging to the patterned paper that was just adhered in #2.
4) Using a zig zag stitch on your sewing machine, stitch the top of the blue polka dot paper and the bottom edge of the numbers paper.
5) Trim and adhere SL cardstock stickers to the left edge of the page.
6) Punch out a variety of sizes and coordinating colors of flowers and layer as desired. Adhere together. On one of the flowers I used a large red sequin under the small flower to create dimension as well as slight glimmer under the small flower. Adorn the centers of the flowers with threaded buttons or vintage goodies.
Tip: Use the negative space from your punches whenever possible. I used one above the photo that gives the sillohette of another flower without all the layers, thus making the layout a little bit lighter but keeping the theme.
7) Take a journaling tag from the SL cardstock stickers and using your MLS orange stickers write up your journaling bullet points. Adorn with threaded buttons. Adhere to layout. Adhere your flowers made in #6 to the layout in a variety of places in the layout, clustering around the journaling tag.
8) Using your Thickers, create a unique title for your layout by following the lines of the patterned paper. Remember to look and use all the negative space around each letter to create a more cohesive title.
9) Use scraps to adorn the top left corner. Use your MLS stickers to apply the date of your photo to the layout. Finish off the layout with any final threaded buttons as needed.
Check out the closeups if you don’t “get” any of the instructions!
Thanks for all your fun projects, Amy! We always LOVE them!