You love to party. I love to party. We ALL love to party. And Alyssa McGrew, Little Black Dress Kit Club Design Team Member, loves to party more than most. At least, it seems like it when you see the party decor that she put together using the September 2012 scrapbook kit. A party is a party is a party, but adding the right decor to the big day can make a fun time just ridiculously fun!
Check out the party decor by Alyssa McGrew using this month’s scrapbook kit from Little Black Dress Kit Club with step by step instructions from the lady herself:
1. Cut Pennant-shaped banners from patterned paper. Mine are 4″ across the top, and 6″ long.
2. Using the stencil included in the kit, trace your letters onto the back of patterned paper. Cut out using scissors or an exacto knife.
3. Die-cut or punch 2-1/2″ inch circles from mint polka dot paper.
4. Die-cut or punch 2″ scalloped circles from woodgrain chevron.
5. Layer the circles and letters, largest to smallest. Adhere together, then to banner pieces.
6. Apply Washi to the top of each banner, trim edges
7. Attach banner pieces to ribbon. Use ribbon from kit to form bows for the ends of the banner.
1. Cut base paper to 4′ time the width of the bag.
2. Fold in half lengthwise, so each topper fits over the treat bag opening.
3. Die-cut or punch 2″ scalloped circles from pink polka dot chevron.
4. Pie cut or punch 1-1/4″ circles from ledger paper
5. Print “Treats” on white cardstock, punch out with 5/8″ punch.
6. Layer the scalloped circles, the 1-1/4′ circles, and the sentiments, from smallest to largest. Adhere to each other.
7. Cut 5/8″ strips of woodgrain chevron. Adhere to front of toppers.
8. Adhere sentiments.
9. After filling backs with treats, staple bag topper over bag opening.
1. Die-cut or punch 2-1/2″ inch circles from mint polka dot paper.
2. Die-cut or punch 2″ scalloped circles from woodgrain chevron.
3. Hand cut or punch 1-1/2″ decorative embellishment from the Dear Lizzy papers.
4. Layer the circles from smallest to largest, adhere.
5. Wrap lollipop sticks with washi tape (using one strip of washi the length of your stick works best. Lay the stick on lengthwise and roll.)
6. Glue the cupcake topper to the stick. Add a strip of washi to cover the glue and add stability.
7. Add a small bow with Baker’s twine.
1. Cut patterned paper from the kit to 1/2″ larger then your stamp on either side.
2. Stamp invitation on white cardstock with a coordinating ink.
3. Cut out invitaiton and adhere, centered, to the patterned paper.
4. Add a strip of washi for decoration at the top.
Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Hope it was fabulous! Thanks for sharing all the fun little pieces of the big day with us here on the Little Black Dress Kit Club blog. We loved it and hope the big day went fabulously well.
Watch for more projects from Alyssa and the other Little Black Dress Kit Club design team members soon!